My Ordinary Life

Please Enjoy.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sorry for the delay Ace.

If you know the movie that quote is from you get some points in my book. Not that that would mean anything signifiant but hey, why not play along.

I've had an eventful couple of days. But it all seems like a blur and kind of difficult to remember. Thursday was fun as hell. I didn't go to class and I snowboarded in my friends backyard during the day, then again at night. I wanted to surf but that wasn't in the cards. It okay though I got my stoke on via snowboarding. I'm still new to snowboarding so this was my first day attempting jumps and grinding. We set up a legit jump and then we also built a jump up to a jersey barrier. It's kind of hard to explain. I planned on taking some pictures but I forgot to put my memory card in my camera, twice. But luckily I brought another camera that also takes videos. Too bad the battery was dead. Don't you love technology?

Anyway my friend Pat helped me out with learning some jumps, he gave me some pointers. By the end of the day I was doing pretty solid Indy's off the jump landing them clean. I almost stuck a 180. Not bad for my first time. Skateboarding for a few years back in middle school definitely helped out. Then we attempted some grinds. We started off with the barrier on it's side so I could ease into it. I got those pretty easily. Then we stood it upright and built a jump/gap to it. Apparently this is pretty difficult, especially it being my first time grinding at all. I didn't care and I was going for it. I was surprised at myself for charging like that, I'm usually a bitch and It takes me a while to attempt something like that. I didn't land any of them cleanly, but attempting them was a victory for me.

heres my buddy Pat sticking a Tail Press on said barrier.



I had a lot of fun, It made me miss skating. I used to skate all day at Pat's house. Me and Pat were little punk skaters all through middle school. We went our separate ways in High School, but for the past 2 years we've been playing music, surfing a bunch, and lately snowboarding. It was nice to get reconnected. We both want to get back into skating too, I just need some money for a board.


Heres Pat and I as little Grom skaters. (notice the difference in shorts height)
In the interest of time and space I won't tell you about my weekend, I'll save that for tomorrow. It's a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Justin..getting behind on your blogs! You're readers are restless! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My apologies, I hope you like the newest one :)

    ReplyDelete